Just Remember


Two of my life loves are:
  1. Hamilton
  2. Taylor Swift
Commonality: music. I just feel like…. life is better through the lens of music.

There’s a song from the musical Into the Woods that says: 

Just remember 
     someone is on your side 
     someone else is not

While we’re seeing our side,
      maybe we forgot...
      No one is alone. 

...someone is on your side...
        no one is alone.

As I sat on the plane about to leave the U.S. and embark on an adventure that gives me anxiety in the best of ways, I thought of the many kind and encouraging words and comments people have shared. I want to leave myself a solid pep talk for those days and moments when I’ll desperately need it. Also because I want to paste/glue/cram all these cards into my planner so e’ry day I see them, but my poor planner would then be even more heavy than it already is….

Usually I’m all about Cite your source! but for those who shared these kind words you know who you are. ;) <3 font="">


Remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. EVER. and maybe it doesn’t feel that ‘God is always with you’ way. I must confess that I often don’t really feel His presence beside me. BUT. I do know and believe with all my heart that He puts people into our lives so undeniably there is someone beside us. Don’t be afraid to look at those people that ARE around you and ASK for help if you need it.



God does not have a hard & fast timeline for our perfection. He just wants us to try, which I have watched and continue to watch you do! Don’t give up on yourself, Cec. You are allowed to fail and try again. You are more wonderful than I think you give yourself credit for. I know Beijing will be exciting and also probably tough. I am here… And no matter how things work out or what you struggle with or how your day goes, I will be here as your cheerleader… One day at a time and some delicious Chinese food wouldn’t hurt, either. :)



Just remember… 
When times are great, then enjoy it.
Even when they are bad, enjoy it.
I believe in you.



About the comfort zone…. it sucks.
If you decided to stay, what would be different? What do you have to show that you’re not gonna get bored again? 
And I know friends are amazing! And cool. BUT! To tell you something, you don’t even know what kind of people are waiting for you and who/which/how many friends have been prepared to meet you! 
Like someone told me before: “Sometimes we have to leave and take our bags into a plane for us to know how important people are in our life.”
It’s normal to feel crazy about it. But if you trust God and especially trust your heart, you’ll learn from this. You’ll be more than happy.



it’s ALWAYS sad leaving places and people you love; even if you are meant to go, you’re making a BIG move and HUGE change which is exciting and thrilling and maybe a little exhilarating. 
but goodbyes tend to be hard, and things ALWAYS seem better when moving away from them {Good things become WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO GIVE THIS UP?! and even not so good things become ‘aw, it really wasn’t so bad, was it?’ I’m so melodramatic; we had good times!} all part of change. All your feelings are completely normal. YOU ARE SO STRONG. and an impressive packer. 



When you’re homesick, the worst thing you can do is call home. 

Comments