Favorite.

Two weeks ago in Institute (a weekday religion class), we were asked to think about and come to the class with our favorite story from the New Testament. The question lingered on my mind throughout my work day, and upon arrival that evening, I had decided that I love every story including Peter--especially when he walks on the water toward the Savior. What a valiant follower, who was still growing, day-by-day in his faith in the Savior. 

Fast forward to today: I received the Bible Videos DVD in the mail (along with a Netflix movie.... it was a real trial of faith to decide which one to watch first. :) ) 




Well, that little voice inside won, and I put in the Bible Videos. 
I was watching one that... became my new favorite. It is the story of Christ healing a lame man on the Sabbath. You really should watch it:


What do I love about it?

Watch the old man's face as the Savior asks, "Wilt thou be made whole?"
He has waited there for years, yearning to have someone help him into the water so he can be healed. Time after time, someone passes in front of him into the water. Now the Savior comes and asks him to, "Rise. Take up thy bed and walk." 
In this video, he looks into the Savior's face with such faith and hope that this time he will be able to walk. That today he will be healed. 
This story, so small and, to me, skipped over, was brought to my attention.

Favorite.

Comments