Week 75: World turned upside down

Turning a world uPsIdE-dOwN takes on average... maybe 13 seconds. 
As long as it takes to say the words

¨So, we´re looking at dates... the 12th.... or.. the 12th...¨

What does that even MEAN, right?


It means... I´ll be home for Christmas.

December 12th.

Talked to President last Thursday... Oh, what a heart-wrenching, heart-filling phone call. The tears fell as I realized it´s true--it has to be the 12th. It´s time. I don´t want to accept it, never want to wrench my heart from my beautiful country, Honduras. But... it´s time. My original release date was this transfer---this December 12th. But I asked for an extension until January 7th.
could keep rolling the end date until the end of the world, but it made more sense to go home in a normal transfer--January 7th was going to be in the middle of a transfer. 

Does it rip my very heart out? Yes. To it´s core.
Is it Heavenly Father´s will? Yes.
Am I excited to spend Christmas with my family? Yes. Beyond belief.

I honestly don´t believe it. My heart is just... a little crazy right now.


These last days have been very WET. Very, really, extremely WET. Streets are flooded kind of wet. It´s incredibly fun being absolutelydrenched by rain, but it´s odd to feel cold. As we were drenched, we went to visit a less-active sister who hasn´t been to church for several years. She doesn´t go because her mother´s viewing was in the chapel, and she struggles with that memory when she´s at the chapel. The lesson was so incredibly spiritual with her. Honestly, we didn´t TEACH much doctrine, but we listened, and taught what she needed in the moment she needed it.

Being able to smile and laugh in the pouring rain was indeed an identifier of missionaries. A lady let us in in what I believe was purepity for those poor, soaking girls. :) We got to know her, shared with her, and were finishing the appointment. She told us she wanted to tell us something--- that she knew what we said came from God. That she felt something in our visit, and was excited for our next visit. I loved being able to testify that that was the Holy Ghost, who testifies of truth. 

We are seeing miracles still, and I only wish it could last forever


(pictures from the sisters in our apartment, after making a little Christmas video.)


Comments