Week 74: We are in the Midst of Miracles

We saw MIRACLES this week. Also, it was a VERY faith-trying week. I just felt spiritually lost, but tried not to think about it or let it be a burden in our companionship. I just had so many doubts that seemed that they were attacking me, but I dedicated lunchtime to study and pray it out, and then at night to pour out my heart like never before. There were days I felt just so heavy and desired nothing more but to STUDY and PRAY. I didn`t feel like leaving and teaching, because I was doubting my very testimony. It was strange, but necessary to pass through.

When I first got here, Sister Alfaro and I made a promise with Heavenly Father. We would give our ALL in EVERY lesson, and we asked that we could find a Garifuna family. We really wanted to find this family, and felt that they are out there! After we finished the prayer at the beginning of the change, asking this of Heavenly Father, we waited. Sister Alfaro said that a house came to mind--a house with Garifunas (Garifunas are the dark-skinned that live here. They´re of a Garifuna tribe). We contacted the house one day that came to her mind, but they had no interest.

Well, these 2 weeks of the transfer passed, and nothing. But we kept forward in faith. 
YESTERDAY we were walking between appointments--we had been FILLED with faith from church. We started talking to someone in the street, and she invited us in. We ¨happened¨ to be on the same street as this house which had come to Hermana Alfaro´s mind after our prayer. Same street, different house. As we got to know this woman, we discovered she had been going to the church in a prior neighborhood she had lived in. And then her COUSIN came and joined us---and her cousin LIVED IN THE HOUSE that Sister Alfaro had seen after the prayer. Oh, we were just elated. Heavenly Father is answering prayers, we are seeing miralces, we are learning so much, growing even more. 

Also, we are teaching a young man who went to church this week. His mom yesterday told us that she had prayed about the Book of Mormon, like we invited her to do, and the thought came to her mind that asked what is a prophet. Like John the Baptism. Then, she felt that she needs to study it, read it, and learn more. Wow. The Spirit was so strong. 

We are in the midst of miracles, and it came because of the true trial of my faith.

Oh, and today we saw a Butterfly museum. Adorable.

This is the baptism font from a loooooong time ago that I told about in the last letter.


Comments