Week 61: And everything changed

Monday night we received the transfer calls.
And everything changed.
I´ve been assigned to serve as a Sister Training Leader.
Do I feel ever-filled with humility. What do I have to teach? I feel so very new. I am entrusted with the care, spiritual growth, and progression of 15 hermanas.
4 which are new in the mission as of today,
2 which have 6 weeks in the mission,
3 with 12 weeks in the mission,
2 with more time than I have in the mission,
and 4 others with anywhere from 4 to 7 months.
Of them, 6 are of my native english language.
I feel like a little kid stepping into enormous grown-up shoes. With fear to trip and fall. I wish I were perfect right now so I could be a better example.Everything I do is for them. Well, it`s for my Heavenly Father, but it`s to help them draw near unto Him. I, myself, am still in that process. All I do is for them and my investigators. I don`t want to be perfect just to be perfect. Today President Klein told us he doesn´t want us to be perfect. He wants us to PROGRESS. Perfection won`t come, progression will.
Today at the transfer meeting I coldl understnad how incredible my trainer was. She changed my life. Hermana Nuñez. I wasn`t truly grateful for her until now. Six weeks ago, she trained a sister, Hermana Baird, and now Hermana Bairs is the first sister with 6 weeks in the mission to be trainign. And she lives in our house. She`s inherited my old area, which is in the same ward I`ll be working in, but the other part. She is incredible! As I see her, I realize how unprepared I was spiritually. I feel that the sisters coming are more and more prepared. More and more spiritual. While I played before the mission and got lost in the thick of thin things, they prepared.
I am in a whirlwind in this assignement.
A scripture that highlights my feelings:  

2 Nephi 33:3 
But I, Nephi (Hermana Francisco), have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.



Comments