Week 60: I Never Thought I Was an Angel

I never thought I was an angel....

Until Porfidio honestly confessed that he wants us to help him know why he`s a son of God and what God expects of him. That´s when teh humble calling sank in. I, a little girl of 22 years, am counseling a man of 58 how to change his life to be more happy. I, who feel I know so very little, am entrusted in Heavenly Father´s holy wrok of salvation. As he said that, the impression came that we arehis angels. In a moment of need, we are sent as ¨angels to beckon (him), nearer (his) God to thee,¨ as the hymn I love so much so well puts it. That´s why I can`t hear this hymn without tearing up, especially that part. Because one month ago, the person that changed my life so completely--Hermana Zelada--confided to me on our last day together that  to her, I was that angel sent to beckon her nearer to God. It`s not said with pride, rather with great humilit, gratitude, wtih the weight of hat that responsibility implies.
Until Gibelli accepted the baptism date for this 17th.And related how a friend asked if she was sure she wanted to get baptized, and she said she has no doubt it`s true. To see the conviction in her eyes sunk into my heart. As we hugged her to say good-bye, I realized she has changed my life. I love her so much!
....until next week!

Comments