Week 24: Rays of Sunshine


This week was a week of lots of sunshine and even more than sunshine, HEAT. We're dying down here. so much for a white Christmas.
We had a huge multi-zone conference, in which somehow our district came up with the brilliant idea to dance. I still am pondering how I was coerced into that, but either way it was hilarious. Oh, I love our district. With going to the ruins of Copan and having our multi-zone, the week was cut short, or felt like it. But, we found a really amazing family. In order for the branch to become a ward, we need more priesthood holders. So, that has become the focus. In the process, we are finding the most adorable families. This family of an inactive father, with two adorable little girls. I just love them. And so strangely, they are familiar. I can't place, but it's one of those experiences truly humbling, truly..... spiritual. I know them. I don't know how, but I KNOW them. Yeah, I'm a crazy. Love it. Because I sure love it. When we go to teach them, we always include a game for their girls, who are 8 and 6. And we sometimes braid hair, what?
Also, Christmas is coming. I'm not "baggy" (meaning when you are thinking of your house), but... I just kinda realized that I'm going to have Christmas here. With a litte bit of nostalgia, I bought us a Christmas tree for our apartment. The thought of Christmas without a little something special was just too much. So, we caved. In a little bit, a pic will be coming your way. Super scrimpy, but we will have a tree with one strand of lights and two strands of garland. Don't judge this exquisiteness. :)
Li'l story: We have this investigator who sells lottery tickets, or the equivalent in these parts. Yeah, we're working on that.... but anyway, whenever we leave her, we give her pamphlets to pass out to people who come, or as we call them, "folletos de la felicidad" (pamphlets of happiness). The Spanish equivalent sounds better. So, she was relating to us very seriously that when someone wants to take a pamphlet, she makes sure they understand it is not for the trash, but that they had better read it. Because these things of God are important. She's this super cute lady, and the thought of her lecturing people about taking care of their pamphlets made me just smile. And laugh. And giggle a little bit.
Sometimes when people tell me jokes, I don't get it, but I think the class of jokes belongs on the back of a Laffy Taffy. Really, life is hilarious. I love learning the different culture of what is funny, what isn't. Mostly on the end of what isn't. ha ha :)
This week was a change in the mission, but didn't come cheap. When we have the greatest obstacles come the greatest joys. And, I may or may not have hit a wall this week. Like, it felt like I hit this emotional wall, head on. But, c'est la vie. LA VIE! Life is gOoD, and we are loving this month of December.
Love you all! Couples pics. One is me carrying a member, because we were walking through mud and she didn't want to get muddy. The other is from our zone conference. I'd send the vid of us dancing, but it's too big. Love you!
Merry Christmas.... is coming!
-- 
Sister Cecilly Francisco



Comments