Week 23: Week of More Learning


We are moving the work along here. I really enjoy being with Hermana Rodriguez. She brings such a mature perspective to the work, and I'm learning to work differently... Much more relaxed, sincere. Effectively. Every day I see that Heavenly Father KNEW I needed to be here. That for Him, this decision has been in the works for a loooooooong time. He only needed that I caught hold of this plan. The truth? I don't know why I'm here, in Galeras, in this second in time. But every day a little ray of sunshine is being shed on the situation. It's hard here. But for that, I'm so grateful. In the MTC, in that spiritual high of feeling that I was ready to conquer the world with my killer testimony, sweet spanish skills, and radiant smile, I think I remember praying to be sent to the hardest area of the mission. I was so ready for this. Thought there was NO way that I was not the world's best missionary.
Yeah, warning accompanied with a beautiful promise: Heavenly Father answers prayers.
For that prayer of faith, I'm here. Ha ha :) I say it sincerely, with a grin on my face. I don't know any other area, so maybe all areas are hard. But this area... whew. Galeras. Has my heart, that's for sure.
I've learned so much this week from various people... Hna. Rodriguez, E. Amendola (in my district) such as.....
  • the best way to show our love is to bring them to bautism. if not, we can be their friends for this life, for this transfer, but hat will be all. It won't endure the test of eternity. Yeah, I learned that in the MTC, but in that perspective, being here now, in this second in time, changed my perspective. Sometimes I'm a little timid because I don't want to.... be weird? be an extremist? but, that doesn't do any good. In fact, it's selfish. It isn't giving them the chance to know their Savior the way I'm coming to know Him.
  • with every companion, you almost have to become a new person. I love love love this lesson, because it's so true. Never have I had such a committment to be with the same person for such a duration of time. and never have I cherished relationships like I cherish with my companions. (at this point, 4 companions... 2 MTC, 2 in/field.)
  • prayer is sacred. Ohhhhhh, it is so true. Usually when I had something to say, I blogged about it, talked to a friend, thought about it.... didn't really solve it. this week especially I learned to take doubts heavenward. Every time I have a question, and I really mean EVERY time, I took it Up. A nd..... y'know, I didn't find a cut and dry answer, but I did find a peace that made it so I didn't NEED, didn't WANT a cut and dry, pragmatic answer. What I was truly looking for was not an answer of words and facts, but a reassurance. And yes, I found it.
I don't feel worthy of all the blessings  I'm receiving. I try to work and work and work with every fiier of my being, but I feel like never it will be enough. Heavenly Father is changinge me so deeply, and I just.. ahhhh, love it!
 
 
This week to have some fun we went, as a zone, to the ruins of Copan. So, the pictures are of the ruins and all the good fun we had there, wearing JEANS!! Wooo!!!!!
 
I love you all, and enjoy the month of December! And if you didn't watch the Christmas devotional, check it. Was so beautiful.







Comments