Week 22: What year is it?

Well, OOPS didn't write last week. But, I did send pics. I guess that's how it´s going to be... pics or letter. :)
Updates: did indeed get a new companion, Hermana Rodriguez from Nicaragua. I think having companions gets easier every time. I say that with all the experience of one former companion in the field. Look at me, li´l expert in the ways of the mission (I say this with a cheesy-corny grin on my ever-growing face). We're not going to talk about that latter part.
With Hermana Rodriguez, I feel like we´re getting control of this area. Because indeed, there is NO time for resting. So much work, so much laughter to be had. Oh, I feel so poetic in this moment. ha ha Wow, I don't know where to begin. I feel like I just need to forget that I didn't write last week, because there is not time to catch up on what happened.
I feel like in this week especially, more than ever before, I have matured in understanding of how everything functions here. How much work goes into a branch. How exactly precise we need to be with who attends, who is missing, why... I think my whole life I´ve been sleeping, to tell the truth. But now, wow... hello, world! Hello, work. After 5 months in the mission (I hate counting it. When I realized that I completed 5 months, my heart dropped. I want more time. I want more and more and more and more and never end this beautiful experience, because I´m only beginning to understand. Only at the very very beautiful beginning. Start over, please, pretty please?)
Also, I want to be forever in this area that I´m in. Galeras. I feel so at home here, and pray that I can be here for close to forever. It's strange to think that Thanksgiving just happened and I think I ate a sandwich to celebrate. That the world spins madly on out there in the great big blue, and I'm here is such an odd sensation. We live in weeks, and before I know it, we´re planning for December. 
DECEMBER. 

What just happened to my life?
Could someone please, pretty please tell me?

It was crazy around these here parts because there were elections for the country, so we spend the day under self-inflicted house arrest just in case things got a leetle cray-cray, if you know what I mean. So, it was a little bit of an odd-feeling week. BUT, all is well in Zion. Our goal is to find a family 'Navidanea' aka a Christmas family. Baptize a family by Christmas. So... we´re praying, working, fasting, praying some more, walking a lot, talking, and trying to find this beautiful family. It's coming. 
So.... yep..... that´s all for now, folks.
Loves!

Comments