Week 19- Mmmmmmm

This week we have been discerning between who we want to progress, and who He has prepared. Important lesson. This Saturday, we will see the first baptism of someone we taught all of the lessons to. Hermana
Teresa. I call her ‘mom’ because she is that. With her daughters out of the house and us eating dinner with her every night, she is so similar to my very mother.  I think of mom when I talk to her. She is already a super-mega-member, just lacking ‘the water,’ as we say. But this Saturday, that crucial part will be. It feels….. peaceful? Liberating? To (finally) see a baptism that isn’t going to fall through. To feel like we’re contributing to this grand work. Our lessons with her are more of a conversation with a friend about the gospel than a lesson, and her progress is…. Amazing to see.

In our companionship, we have always got along, but this week we found our jive. (for that word, I plead the perdon of missionaries learning a new language. I hardly remember what it means, but it seems fitting.) In lessons. In divisions. So scary! At first, I was so stiff and nervous in the lessons without Hermana Nuñez. I wasn’t sure how to lead, because Hermana Nuñez has always done that as a senior companion. But wow, it came. Slowly. I´m learning to lead in lessons, which might be useful because we have transfers in a week. We may or
may not make small wagers on who is going to be transferred, and the price for losing a wager may or may not be that the other has to wash the laundry of the person who wins. It´s possible. But who knows, right? I´m okay either way—being here or being transferred. I want to see the progress of people. We´ll see. So is the life of missionaries. 

Also, this week we had a visit from the assistant to the mission president. When I was in the Guatemala MTC, his stake had visited the Guatemala temple, and I had met he and his wife and spoken to themthere. So, it was neat to see them again, and realize what a small world we live in. He came to talk to the branch about the temple in Tegucigalpa… it is really highly anticipated, and there are going to be 2,000 youth that do the cultural program. Can you imagine that?? 2,000 youth!

Comments