Week 11

 We had a baptism this Saturday  of a girl named Glendy. We worked throughout the week with her family to prepare her for baptism. Wow, so many experiences! She is such an example to her family. So, she's 12 years old and her mom is a member, but is inactive. Through a loving Young Women leader, she has been attending church for the last month, and wanted to be baptized. As we taught her, I came to love her family, how vastly different they are. her father has many difficulties and challenges, including alcoholism, but he's started to change. 
People here have dreams. A lot of them. I have been pondering why that is, and I think it´s because they don´t have a whole lot of noise in their lives. they´re very in tune. One example is a super special family, the family Lopez, that we're teaching. A couple and their two children, one is 1 year and the other is 4 or so. We have only begun teaching them. One of them had a dream of being conferred to the Priesthood. He doesn't even know what the Priesthood is yet! The spirit is real, and revelation truly is real.
Ahhhh, no time! Love you!

On a lighter note, I decided after 3 weeks of deep pondering (okay, that's a lie...) After thinking once or twice that it sure is hot around here, I decided to test my companion's skills with scissors. Yep, I did it. Cut it. And I love it.

Comments