if you're not loving life, you're not living it.

I took a couple minutes tonight to lay on the cool grass and just look at the stars.

for just five minutes, I forgot about the homework to do, the rooms to clean, people to please, e-mails to answer, friends to miss, work to do.... for just those five minutes I could breathe easily and just laugh to myself at how trivial my "problems" are. I really don't get it.

Life isn't about rushing, rushing, rushing to the finish line. It's not about packing the most in my day so I can look to others and say, "See, look? I did it!" It's about loving every one of those moments. If I so happen to pack my day with tasks, I'd better be loving every one of them. I'd better be living a life I love, because I've got one shot at this life thing.

Comments

Alicia said…
I hope you weren't too cold on the grass at night! :)