53-51

Marie Kondo would be proud.

What started as 2/3 of my life piled on top of two suitcases {what I called Round Onewhittled it's way down to only the most essentials of essentials {2/3 scrapbook materials, nostalgic memorabilia/cute travel-themed anything that my heart simply can't part with & 1/3 basic clothing I wear every day, and literally a toothbrush & deodorant to represent some desire for hygiene.}

I've gotten very comfortable with "Can I buy it there?" and my leave-behind pile is growing larger & larger. Similar design as another shirt? Enjoy the U.S. of A, my friend.

I've got two 50-pound suitcases, a {tiny} carry-on and an {almost-too-large-to-be-considered-a-personal-item} to shove my life into. So.... thinking skinny thoughts here.

Even when I'm not packing, re-packing, re-distributing weight, re-weighing suitcases and scribbling the weight down on scraps of paper so I don't lose track where I'm at now, my brain is whirring with thoughts like, "56-51... if I take xxx and yyy, I could fit zzz in that suitcase... which takes me to 53-51... I could work that smile at the check-in counter and make it... 54-51 is pushing it, though..."


Almost there. 

Comments