Torn soul

(this was written on May 13, 2014. I hadn't posted it, but am onto a new blogging kick and now feel like posting it.)

As I entered the temple, I noticed that the beautiful spring flowers I had seen just one week before had been uprooted. Entering the temple, I thought, "How unfair. Those flowers were beautiful and healthy-I saw them just last week." I purposefully diverted my mind from the now torn-up soil and lost flowers, feeling that my life situation reflected a little too closely a similar scenario.

As I exited the temple, my attention was drawn yet again to the torn-up soil and lost flowers. "Well," I reasoned, "I suppose what is coming in place must be better than what was here, or there would have been no need to tear up the soil." I paused my step to let it sink in and be accepted in my heart:

HE is the Gardener. What seems unfair and a poor decision to uproot beautiful flowers has a higher purpose that, as an onlooker, I don't understand.

I learned an invaluable lesson. At first, I begged to understand why. Now, I choose to ask only for the strength to accept what He wills, even if that means torn-up soil for a time and a season.

Comments