Holding back

Snapshots of a past Cecilly flash through my mind, and I am left questioning which characteristics of her I want to keep, and which I want to now put to rest. Moving forward to be who I want to be is difficult with eternal expectations placed on me, based on the ambitions of the past Cecilly.

there's a new part of me I've been hesitant to share.



I hold back not because of insecurity, shame, fear, or negative reasons.
I hold back because it matters to me so deeply and I don't know if it does or would matter to others like it does to me.
January 19th he entered my life, and he has impacted me in a way I honestly can't believe.
We take one day at a time, but I am left marveling that it has been 3 months. 

Comments

Jessica/Patrick said…
Thank you for taking such good care of him for me. I've had to worry a lot less about him these past few months!
p.s you guys eat a ton of potato salad.