Week 45: Giraffes, divisions, baptisms, president interviews


I feel so odd writing on a Tuesday. We went on a grand zone adventure yesterday to the ZOOOOOOO and got home late, so we got permission to write today. Even so, I feel so odd!

Touched a giraffe. Said. And DONE. 
We had interviews with the president this week. Let´s just say I had so many AMAZING-LIFE-CHANGING experiences this week! 

It was 10 months, 2 days when I received very wise counsel from a friend´s father. So inspiring and life-changing I want to share it (didn´t ask if I could, but... here´s to hoping the ripple of THIS message can touch even more lives): 

¨...stop worrying about YOUR ripple, or if YOUR ripple is of a size to move someone to change, or if YOU are making a difference. Let me save you the trouble, forget yourself because another ripple already exists. You're there to help them notice the ripples of the truth, the gospel, theatonement. All you can do is say, "Look at the ripple. Feel it," and invite them to act. Your job is to help the Spirit do His. After that, it is up to the person to choose to act on the promptings of the Spirit. You know this. I know this...¨


It was 10 months, 4 days when I walked into the interview with President, convinced I was a let-down of a missionary. 
It was 10 months, 4 days when I walked out of that interview realizing the mission is a growing process, a changing process, that I was given a blessing as Hermana Francisco, not as Cecilly Rose. That I was reminded that Heavenly Father lifts, Satan destroys and places doubts. That I was inspired to be the missionary that talks to everyone. Loves everyone. When President said, with sincerity in his voice, that he trusts me. That if I wasn´t trained well up to this point, that´s his fault, not mine. When my mission changed forever and I realized the desperate need to know Him whose name I carry every day. Him whose Gospel I represent. 

It was 10 months, 9 days when in a family home evening a young woman was giving her first lesson, nervously reading from the Gospel Principles book, and asked the heart-piercing question: ¨Who is Christ to YOU?¨ 
It left me pondering. To me, He´s more than a title. Yes, He carries His titles of Savior, Brother, Teacher, Leader, Friend, Lord. But He´s more than that. He´s someone I can hardly explain. Day to day I am inviting people to know Him for who He REALLY is. I finish every prayer heavenward in His name. He gave the perfect example, gave us principles to return to our Heavenly Father. How did He feel in the moment He appeared to the boy Joseph Smith? 
Ah, so many thoughts to think, dreams to complete, lessons to share, lives to touch. There´s hardly time. 

Interesting conversation with our zone elders on the way back from the zoo (where I touched a giraffe, don´t forget!) That just like parents work to give the best for their children in the next generation in regards to material goods, it parallels spiritually. That when one person goes to school, gets a good job, and earns good money, their children, too, have more opportunities. When one person hears the message of the restored gospel, is baptized, and continues faithfully, their generations are better off. I am eternally grateful for my parents who followed in that pattern. Who were faithful.

I loved divisions this week with hermana Fernandez, who is now in the MISSIONARY LEADERSHIP COUNCIL, which is legit! Dyed our hair, I took notes during lessons, we got 2 days of divisions through our persuasive cases. :) LOVED this week!

Love you all!

Comments