Week 42: Villanueva: It sure is NEW! :)

I packed my bags and never looked back... somethin somethin about a country song I no longer remember.

Wow. What a WEEK. I week ago I was in Jardines del Valle with Hermana TOLLIVER. And now I`m in... a place called Villanueva. Sounds sweet, huh? A little branch extension called Brisas del Plan. It`s a LOT like my first area, and a LOT NOT like my last two areas. I was in the city, and as much as I thought I wouldn`t like it, the city life rubbed on me. The visits in English (what??), the cookies with Sister Veirs. The people. The intelligence. The 5 different brands of peanut butter. The things that matter most in life. :)
I am falling in love with my area. The branch extension is at the very beginning of... well... everything. It depends on a ward in the city over, but is working to become a branch, then a ward of it`s own. Very exciting. This week I took to a way of talking to people in the street that I learned from an inspiring friend in Croatia (or one of those countries). I wrote down their names. Their stories. So that I can pray for them specifically. It changes the way of contacting. The amazing part of being here was when we went to conference on Saturday. I ran into a couple people I had met while I was in the Guatemala MTC, and they were visiting the Guatemala temple. They`re the counselors to President Veirs, my mission president. They remembered me, have been keeping tabs on when I`d be coming to their stake. Well, here I am! Ready for this change. 

In leiu of the AMAZING, LIFE-CHANGING conference, I have my own 25 words for what is important. The Cecilly from before the mission (shhhh, we won`t ever say the first name except for this moment) is long gone.
Life´s not... to-do lists, texting, pinterest, blogging, facebook, career, popularity.
Life is...laughing, sharing feelings, moments of silence, smiles, meaningful conversations, starry nights, eye-contact, inside-jokes, relationships.

I know that this work is amazing. I have been meditating a lot today of how Heavenly Father leads and guides so perfectly. So beautifully. With Easter season here, my testimony of the reality of the Savior has brought tears to my eyes.It`s that feeling of peace that makes it easier to open my mouth of the message of the restoration. I love being here. I love you all.


The dinner with the news that came in (days before the change meeting)
Saying good-bye to Hermana Tolliver  & Sister Veirs, and.....
every time we have a change, we leave a photo behind so they can contact us. I just saw mine on my flash drive, so connected it for kicks & giggles.





Comments